FAQs for MyLifestyle Protect
1. What is MyLifestyle Protect plan?
MyLifeStyle Protect is an insurance plan designed by MCIS Life. This plan helps the Assured Member to maintain the ability to sustain any financial obligation in the event of Death, Total and Permanent Disability or 3 Critical Illnesses.
2. Is there an age limit?
Yes, you will need to be between 18 and 60 years old on your next birthday.
1. How much sum assured can I purchase?
The sum assured is fixed based on the plan type purchased as follow:
|Plans||Sum Assured (RM)|
|Death or Total and Permanent Disability (TPD)||Critical Illness (CI)|
2. What are the covers/ benefits provided?
This policy covers:
100% of Death/ TPD sum assured is payable upon death due to all causes.
100% of Death/ TPD sum assured is payable:
100% CI sum assured is payable if he/she is diagnosed with any one of the following Critical Illnesses:
3. When will I start to be protected?
Your protection will start once you’ve made your first premium payment,subject to the following:
In compliance with Section 16(3) of the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorrism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act 2001 (AMLATFPUAA 2001), MCIS Insurance Berhad reserves its right to wishhold or terminate the business application including claims payment where it deems fit and proper.
However your protection for cancer, kidney disease and stroke will commence only after a 90-day waiting period from the effective date of coverage. Please refer to policy document for the detailed terms and conditions.
4. How long will I be protected for?
This plan is automatically renewed up to age 65 (age next birthday) so long as the certificate is in force.
1. How is my premium being calculated for this plan?
This is a monthly premium policy whereby the premium payable is computed based on the basis of age and gender. In the event of any claim, the revised premium adjustment (if any) shall take place at next policy anniversary from the claim approval date.
2. How do I pay for my premium?
Payments can be made using:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
1. Who will get the money if something happens to me?
For disability or critical illness claim, we will pay to the Assured Member upon total and permanent disability or diagnosis of a critical illness. As for death, we will pay the claim to a competent nominee nominated by you.
The claimant will have to notify the life insurance company and furnished documentary evidence to substantiate their claim.
2. How do I appoint a nominee?
3. What particulars of my nominees do you require?
The information required is the name, date of birth, identification or birth certificate number, relationship, percentage of share and the address. This information will help us to speed up claim processing and with greater accuracy.
4. How to submit a claim?
Follow our easy claims process to make a claim.
Complete the required forms (can be downloaded from https://www.mcis.my/Customer-Care/Claims-Guide/Types-of-Claims.aspx or obtained from MCIS Life branch)
Refer to your doctor to complete the medical report(s), if any
Ensure all relevant documents are complete
Submit the completed form(s)/documents via MCIS Life branch
5. What is the important note prior to submission of claim?
- Ensure completion of claim forms and completeness of all documents to avoid unnecessary delay. Dash ( – ) in claim form is not acceptable.
- Ensure your signature on the claim form tallies with the one in the records.
- Attending Physician's Statement is to be completed at the claimant's own expense.
- Upon claim submission, the company reserves the right to request for other relevant documents and information for further assessment.
- Claim will be processed within 3 business days upon receipt of complete documents.
6. How can I check claim status?
7. Is there any situation where the benefit under MyLifestyle Protect is not payable?
You will not be able to make a claim for the benefits in MyLifestyle Protect if your untimely death, disability and critical illness:
- Are inflicted by yourself;
- Have already existed when you signed up for the protection or during the waiting period;
- Are caused while committing an unlawful act; or
- Are caused by war or hostilities.
1. In what circumstances will my insurance coverage terminate?
The insurance coverage of any Assured Member shall automatically cease on the earliest of the following : -
- Upon Death claim of the Assured Member; or
- Upon TPD claim and Critical Illness claim of the Assured Member.; or
- The date when a written request for termination of this Policy/Certificate of Assurance is submitted to the Company and endorsed on this Policy/Certificate of Assurance.
2. How can I cancel my protection?
You may cancel or surrender your Certificate by giving a written notice to MCIS Life. The cancellation shall take effect from premium next due date.
Buying a life insurance policy is a long-term financial commitment. If you do not pay your premiums within the grace period, your policy will lapse. No amount will be payable by us when you cancel the policy after the free-look period. You should satisfy yourself that this plan will best serve your needs and that the premium payable under the policy is an amount you can afford.
3. I would like to find out more about MCIS Life’s insurance products. Who should I contact?