FAQs for MyLifestyle Protect
1. What is MyLifestyle Protect plan?
MyLifestyle Protect is a life insurance plan designed by MCIS Insurance Berhad (MCIS Life). This plan helps the Assured Member to sustain their key financial obligations in the event of Death, Total and Permanent Disability or upon diagnosis with any one of the three Critical Illnesses covered.
2. Is there an age limit?
Yes, you will need to be between 18 and 60 years old (age next birthday).
1. How much sum assured can I purchase?
The sum assured is fixed based on the plan type purchased as follows:
|Plans||Sum Assured (RM)|
|Death or Total and Permanent Disability (TPD)||Critical Illness (CI)|
|Flexiplan||From 37,000 - 600,000||From 37,000 - 180,000|
2. What are the covers/ benefits provided?
This policy covers:
100% of Death/ TPD sum assured is payable upon death due to all causes.
100% of Death/ TPD sum assured is payable:
100% CI sum assured is payable if he/she is diagnosed with any one of the following Critical Illnesses:
3. When will my protection begin?
Your protection will start once you’ve made your first premium payment,subject to the following:
In compliance with Section 16(3) of the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorrism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act 2001 (AMLATFPUAA 2001) and Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009, MCIS Life reserves its right to wishhold or terminate the business application including claims payment where it deems fit and proper.
However your protection for cancer, kidney disease and stroke will commence only after a 90-day waiting period from the effective date of coverage. Please refer to policy document for the detailed terms and conditions.
4. How long will I be protected for?
This plan is automatically renewed up to age 65 (age next birthday) so long as the certificate is in force.
1. How is my premium being calculated for this plan?
This is a monthly premium policy whereby the premium payable is computed based on the basis of age and gender. In the event of any claim, the revised premium adjustment (if any) shall take place at next policy anniversary from the claim approval date.
2. How do I pay for my premium?
Payments can be made using:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
1. Who will get the money if something happens to me?
For disability or critical illness claim, we will pay to the Assured Member upon total and permanent disability or diagnosis of a critical illness. As for death, we will pay the claim to a competent nominee nominated by you.
The claimant will have to notify us and furnished documentary evidence to substantiate their claim.
2. How do I appoint a nominee?
3. What particulars of my nominees do you require?
The information required is the name, date of birth, identification or birth certificate number, relationship, percentage of share of the benefit pay out and the address. This information will help us to speed up claim processing and with greater accuracy.
4. How to submit a claim?
Follow our easy claims process to make a claim.
Complete the required forms (can be downloaded from https://www.mcis.my/Customer-Care/Claims-Guide/Types-of-Claims.aspx or obtained from our branch)
Refer to your doctor to complete the medical report(s), if any
Ensure all relevant documents are complete
Submit the completed form(s)/documents via MCIS Life branch
5. What are the important facts to note prior to submission of claims?
- Ensure completion of claim forms and completeness of all documents to avoid unnecessary delay. Dash ( – ) in the claim form is not acceptable.
- Ensure your signature on the claims form tallies with the one in our records.
- Attending Physician's Statement is to be completed at the claimant's own expense.
- Upon claim submission, the company reserves the right to request for other relevant documents and information for further assessment.
- Claim will be processed within 3 business days upon receipt of complete documents.
6. How can I check the claim status?
7. Are there any situations when the benefit under MyLifestyle Protect is not payable?
You will not be able to make a claim for the benefits in MyLifestyle Protect if your untimely death, disability and critical illness:
- Are inflicted by yourself;
- Have already existed when you signed up for the protection or during the waiting period;
- Are caused while committing an unlawful act; or
- Are caused by war or hostilities.
1. In what circumstances will my insurance coverage terminate?
The insurance coverage of any Assured Member shall automatically cease on the earliest of the following:
- Upon Death claim of the Assured Member; or
- Upon TPD claim and Critical Illness claim of the Assured Member.; or
- The date when a written request for termination of this Policy/Certificate of Assurance is submitted to the Company and endorsed on this Policy/Certificate of Assurance.
2. How can I cancel my protection?
You may cancel or surrender your Certificate by giving a written notice to MCIS Life. The cancellation shall take effect from the next premium due date.
Buying a life insurance policy is a long-term financial commitment. If you do not pay your premiums within the grace period, your policy will lapse. No amount will be payable by us when you cancel the policy after the free-look period. You should satisfy yourself that this plan will best serve your needs and that the premium payable under the policy is an amount you can afford.
3. I would like to find out more about MCIS Life’s insurance products. Who should I contact?